Baptism is a big step in the life of a follower of Jesus. Please take time to read some basic information below and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF BAPTISM?
It illustrates Christ’s burial and resurrection.
- "Christ died for our sins… He was buried and He rose again." —I Cor. 15:3-4
- "For when you were baptized, you were buried with Christ, and in baptism you were also raised with Christ."—Col. 2:12
It illustrates my new life as a Christian.
- “When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. The old life has passed away and a new life has begun!” —2 Cor. 5:17
- “By our baptism then, we were buried with Him and shared His death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead…so also we may live a new life!” —Rom. 6:4
Baptism doesn’t make you a believer – it shows that you already believe. Baptism does not “save” you—only your faith in Christ does that. Baptism is like a wedding ring – it’s the outward symbol of the commitment you make in your heart.
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith…it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” —Ephesians 2:8,9
WHO SHOULD BE BAPTIZED?
Every person who has believed in Christ.
- “Those who believe and accepted His message were baptized…” —Acts 2:41
- “Simon…believed and was baptized.” —Acts 8:13
- “But when they believed Philip as he preached the Good News…and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” —Acts 8:12
If you were baptized when younger, but walked away from God for a season of your life, you are welcome to be baptized again to display your new commitment.
At World Outreach Ministries, we wait until our children are old enough to believe and understand the true meaning of baptism before we baptize them.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR BAPTISM?
- Stop by our Guest Services Center on Sunday
- Give us a call at (727) 444-4529
- Fill out the following form
I'm Ready to go Public!!!
We want to help you go public! Just fill out the information below and we'll get in contact with you on our next baptism!